Monday, May 9, 2011
Napoli Day 1
This morning I took a train to Naples. It took one hour and ten minutes. I love train travel. Then took an expensive cab ride to my hotel, the Renaissance. It is located in the city center and my room overlooks the Bay of Naples. I then walked to the bay in an attempt to see the water more closely. It didn't work but I found a great little pizza joint. O then took a long walk to the archaelogucal museum. It was fabulous. Just the thought if some of those pieces surviving the eruption of Mt. Vesuvis is amazing. The secret cabinet room was great as well. After that I walked back to the hotel and watched a bit if news ( ie the Bonnet Carre Spillway opening made CNN international). I was pretty uninspired by Naples at this point but loved the thought of the bay and so I asked down at the desk as to where I should go to see the water and have dinner. They pointed me on the right direction and off I went. I was way more inspired by the city later in the day despite the minds of trash (evidently they have a big problem with pick up here-so much so that the army is coming to clean up. I visited a castle on the bay and then had alovely dinner of pasta with mussels and clams. And bruschetta too. And wine. I'm on vacation. Did a but of window shopping on the walk back. I have managed to not buy any fabulous clothes, shoes or handbags yet bit I don't know how much longer I can hold out.Tomorrow, Pompeii!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment